Sunday, December 2, 2012

To F-----

So, what am I suppose to do now? You're gone. It's been what---four, almost five years now? You left one week before my birthday. Remember? Of course you don't. You no longer have a memory. It is gone, along with you. But it's not the first time you left. Remember? It was a long time ago. We had our chat about it in the car ride up to your place in the mountains. I wept rivers that night while you squeezed the steering wheel and took long-drawn puffs from your Peter Stuyvesant brand cigarette. You weren't in front of a firing squad, just me. It was time to confess your sins, but you remained quiet. Stoic? Perhaps, but I don't give you that much credit. You just wanted to be a man about it. I spoke of you and her---how you both had your problems and how the two of you didn't mix well. I imagined it must have been like olive oil and water in a carafe. Remember? I certainly do. I can't forget, especially the sight of you---stretched out in your dining room/kitchen area with the hardwood-panel ceiling. Were you comfortable on that makeshift bed? You looked gnarled, like a branch of driftwood. I went to touch you, try and hug you, but people told me not to. I did not realize you had bleeding sores on your back. I knew our time together was limited, but did you have to go while I was taking the Pullman bus ride up north? I heard you left. You smoked your last five cigarettes, then departed. I could not accompany you on that skybound trip. Perhaps I will someday, but that day, you had to travel alone. I will miss you terribly. I do miss you. I regret all the days and moments over those six years we didn't speak and how we will never have that lost time back again to bond. I love you. I will carry on your legacy. But all that remains of you now are a few faded photographs. Fortunately, I still have the video that I took of you in better times. At least I can hear your voice---cursing and swearing like a drunken sailor and telling me to check out the asses of the girls passing by. Thanks for calling me a "flying cucumber" and especially a "lousy cocksucker," though I always had to correct you and assert that I was actually a very good "pussy-licker." Thanks for making me laugh and for the advice I will never use. I wish we had more time to talk. Just a few more words before you left. At least we had a chance to forgive each other. You are still alive to me, even if you are not.
~Andrew K.

1 comment:

  1. Did you hear there is a 12 word sentence you can speak to your partner... that will induce deep feelings of love and impulsive attractiveness for you deep inside his heart?

    That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's instinct to love, cherish and care for you with his entire heart...

    12 Words Who Fuel A Man's Desire Impulse

    This instinct is so built-in to a man's mind that it will make him work harder than before to take care of you.

    As a matter of fact, fueling this influential instinct is absolutely mandatory to having the best ever relationship with your man that the second you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

    ...You will soon find him open his heart and mind for you in such a way he never expressed before and he'll perceive you as the only woman in the universe who has ever truly appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete