Saturday, September 29, 2012

Any Excuse To Go Fishing


Doesn't have to be the Fourth of July, Flag Day, or any other occasion for me to love my country of birth. No, for once on this blog, I'm not speaking with the voice of Alan Partridge, the British character played by one of my favorite UK comedians, Steve Coogan. I'm speaking as myself, Andrew John Kamateros, the Philadelphia-born young man of Greek heritage who grew up in this wonderful nation of ours.

What prompted me to feel so patriotic, so in love with our beautiful country? Well, upon returning from the Montgomery Mall with my wife, as we were heading home, we took a little detour through Peace Valley National Park. It was the first time my wife saw the lake. What a sweetly tranquil sight! Though we did not see any of the colorful sailboats that usually dot the lake in midsummer, we did spy a couple of fishermen looking to catch the local fish. My wife turned to me and said, "Why don't we fish here someday?" Wow! I was amazed. My wife actually wanted to go fishing with me and all because of the beautiful scenery.

That is what makes America so special, the land and the people. I can understand why some folks even say that America was blessed by God. How can you not feel that way when you travel throughout this lovely land? From national parks like Peace Valley and Yellowstone to the rugged mountains of Colorado and the beaches of the Jersey shore, there's always a place you'll find in America that will take your breath away.



Who needs to travel to foreign lands? We have everything we need right here at home! Happy fishing!

~Andrew K.

No comments:

Post a Comment